The Lake Cumberland District Health Department focuses on public and preventative health. We do so by offering on-site clinics, off-site programs and by engaging our communities to adopt health focused policies and initiatives. Our mission is to, “…prevent illness and injury, promote good health practices and assure a safe environment.” While pursuing our mission, we aspire toward excellence by endeavoring to practice according to the most contemporary and cutting edge public health practice models and standards.
- On March 14, 2017, we became accredited for a five year cycle by the Public Health Accreditation Board.
- In delivering our services, we utilize research and outcomes based programs as we strive toward fulfilling the Ten Essential Services of Public Health.
- Within all of our internal planning, we incorporate strategy within a framework of Performance Management.
- We utilize concepts of Quality Improvement as we complete both our internal agency enhancements and community health advancement projects.
- When training our staff, our Workforce Development Plan looks to the Core Competencies of public health professionals and the Public Health Preparedness Capabilities.
- In their oversight of our organization, the Lake Cumberland District Board of Health operates according to NALBOH’S Six Functions of Public Health Governance.
Emerging Public Health Initiatives
Some Recent Key Public Health Initiatives include: 1) Public Health 2030, 2) Robert Wood Johnson’s Culture of Health, 3) Public Health 3.0, 4) Foundational Public Health Services, 5) the CDC 618 Initiative, and 6) the CDC Hi-5 Initiative.
Other pages of interest: