The Lake Cumberland District Health Department focuses on public and preventative health. We do so by offering on-site clinics, off-site programs and by engaging our communities to adopt health focused policies and initiatives. Our mission is to, “…prevent illness and injury, promote good health practices and assure a safe environment.” While pursuing our mission, we aspire toward excellence by endeavoring to practice according to the most contemporary and cutting edge public health practice models and standards.
- On March 14, 2017, we became accredited for a five year cycle by the Public Health Accreditation Board.
- In delivering our services, we utilize research and outcomes based programs as we strive toward fulfilling the Ten Essential Services of Public Health.
- Within all of our internal planning, we incorporate strategy within a framework of Performance Management.
- We utilize concepts of Quality Improvement as we complete both our internal agency enhancements and community health advancement projects.
- When training our staff, our Workforce Development Plan looks to the Core Competencies of public health professionals and the Public Health Preparedness Capabilities.
- In their oversight of our organization, the Lake Cumberland District Board of Health operates according to NALBOH’S Six Functions of Public Health Governance.
Other pages of interest: