Lake Cumberland District Health Department
A healthy today for a brighter tomorrow.
The Lake Cumberland District Health Department (LCDHD) has several social media pages and a website that we utilize to quickly and efficiently provide information and news to our community. Our community knows us for our standard of excellence and credibility in providing health information. In keeping with these standards, the LCDHD has developed this policy for digital media participation. Its purpose is to guide you and protect your privacy and reputation, as well as ours. We look forward to sharing information in our dynamic web communities and encourage you to engage in the ongoing conversations. Of course, we realize that not everyone will have the same opinions. Therefore, we must maintain mutual respect for differing members within our community at all times, even when we disagree.
1. Unless it is a page specifically designed for those 17 and under, in order to post on an LCDHD social media site, you must be 18 years of age or older.
2. In an effort to protect everyone’s privacy and comply with any related HIPAA laws, you should not post any information or content related to your own or another person’s personal health, including, but not limited to, images, health records or any data, on an LCDHD social media site.
3. As a member of our community posting content to any LCDHD social media site, you are agreeing not to participate in any of the following activities:
• Violating any local, state or federal laws and regulations including, but not limited to, copyright and intellectual property rights laws regarding any content that you send or receive, as stated in this policy.
• Sharing content or material that is unlawful, disruptive, threatening, profane, obscene, defamatory, abusive, intimidating or offensive. Further, you agree to refrain from posting advertisements, solicitations, or “spam” of any kind. The LCDHD reserves the right to determine what material is appropriate for its social media sites. The LCDHD will remove any material it, in its sole discretion, determines to be inappropriate.
• Impersonating any person or entity, or falsely stating or misrepresenting your affiliation with a person or entity, especially the LCDHD.
• Sharing any material that is not yours to share or that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under a contractual or fiduciary relationship.
• Transmitting any material that infringes upon a patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party.
• Sharing pseudo-science or “conspiracy theories”.
• Disparaging LCDHD staff, board members, or practices.
4. The LCDHD has the right to monitor, prohibit, restrict, or block your access to any of its social media properties at any time and without notice, for any reason, and in our sole discretion. We also reserve the right to remove, delete or block any content or materials in our sole discretion, regardless of whether such material violates the standards set forth herein.
5. Please be aware that the LCDHD may disclose any of your communications or activities, if required, by the lawful requests of federal and state governmental authorities, in relation to Patriot Act requests, judicial or administrative orders, or for the protection of the LCDHD’s rights. In the event that the LCDHD must exercise these rights, for any reason, we shall not be held liable by any party.
6. Content or material posted on LCDHD social media sites is considered the property of LCDHD. By posting on an LCDHD social media site, you agree to give the LCDHD the irrevocable right to reproduce, distribute, edit, transmit, display, create derivative works from, or otherwise use for LCDHD’s benefit any and all such content or material for any purpose, in any form and on any media.
7. By posting on an LCDHD social media site, you are acknowledging that you will assume all responsibility as it relates to your security, confidentiality and privacy risks that are inherent when sharing content over the Internet. When sharing content via the Internet you should think carefully with respect to your own privacy and that of your family.
8. We prohibit the sharing or transmittal of any content that contains product or service endorsements or any content that may be construed as requests for contributions, solicitations or political lobbying that are not part of the LCDHD’s public policy and advocacy initiatives.
9. LCDHD social media sites are not to be used for solicitation of business or health care referrals.
By participating in the LCDHD’s social media sites, you further agree to accept and adhere to the terms of the LCDHD’s social media participation policy, as set forth herein. Failure to accept these terms will result in your inability to participate in the LCDHD’s social media communities.
The LCDHD will update its social media policy frequently and without notice. The updated policy will govern your usage, and you must remain in compliance until the policy is updated once again. Please check back frequently to review our policy at regular intervals, as we make updates or changes to these guidelines. Your continued use and posting of content, on our social media sites, is acceptance to any and all modifications to this policy.
Content on any LCDHD social media site is for informational purposes only. The LCDHD does not warrant that the information contained in this website is complete, accurate, or current. This information is not intended to be, nor should it be considered, medical advice. You should contact a health care professional for advice concerning a particular health-related condition or concern.