We hope you find the following resources helpful as you pursue improved health in your worksite. Included are tools designed to motivate your workforce toward engaging in healthy activities along with some additional resources you can utilize around your workplace.
Health Assessment: How Healthy Are You?
Health Assessment Tool: Use Our Free Health Calculator and Wellness Profile Tool to Assess Your General Wellbeing
General Activities: Encourage Your Staff to Get Moving!
30/30 Challenge: 30 Minutes of Intentional Activity for 30 Days
Cornhole: Have Fun and Move
Get Moving: Use The Move! Weight Management Program Website to Promote More Movement
Use the Stairs: Signs and Messages to Encourage Extra Steps
Healthy Habit Challenge: A Fun Challenge to Encourage Better Diet and Fitness
Rules, Lesson Plans and Logs
Posters and Banners to Promote Your Challenge
Holiday Health Challenge: Stay Trim During the Holidays!
Walk Across America: Encourage Your Staff to Walk!
Guidelines, Logs and Poster
Mileage Charts: How Far Have You Walked?
Breastfeeding at the Workplace
Workplace Breastfeeding policy supports employees in providing their child with the healthiest food possible.
- Centers for Disease Control: Breastfeeding Policies
- Local Health Department Breastfeeding Resources
- Women’sHealth.Gov: Policy for Supporting Breastfeeding Employees
Healthy Eating at the Workplace and Home
Making healthier choices by increasing servings of fruits and vegetables, as well as choosing lower fat options when possible can have significant health benefits.
- Centers for Disease Control: Workplace Health Promotion
- United States Department of Agriculture: ChooseMyPlate.Gov
- Water First: Drink Water First
Physical Activity at the Workplace and Home
Increasing our physical activity can be a challenge at times, but the health benefits definitely make it worthwhile!
- Centers for Disease Control: Healthy Weight – it’s not a diet, it’s a lifestyle!
- Centers for Disease Control: StairWELL to Better Health
- Let’s Move
- Monday Campaigns: Move it Monday
Tobacco Cessation at the Workplace and Home
Tobacco use is the number one preventable cause of death. Think about quitting today!
- American Cancer Society: Guide to Quitting Smoking
- Local Health Department Tobacco Cessation Resources
- Quit Now Kentucky
Worksite Wellness Resources
Use these resources from the WorkWell North Carolina Toolkit (used with permission).
Health Observation Months
Don’t forget to observe these special, health focused dates on your calendar.
- January: Radon Awareness
- February: Heart Disease Awareness
- March: Colorectal Cancer Awareness, National Diabetes Day
- April: Alcohol Awareness Month
- May: Mental Health Awareness
- June: Men’s Health Month
- July: National Immunization Awareness Month
- August: Fruit and Veggies—More Matters Month
- September: Family Health & Fitness Day USA
- October: Breast Cancer Awareness
- November: Great American Smokeout, Diabetes Awareness Month
- December: National Influenza Vaccination Week