The Lake Cumberland District Health Department’s Tobacco Prevention and Cessation Program is guided by four goals:
- Preventing the initiation of tobacco use among young people,
- Promoting cessation among young people and adults,
- Eliminating non-smokers exposure to environmental tobacco smokes and,
- Identifying and eliminating the disparities related to tobacco and its effects on different population groups.
The program mission is to reduce preventable and premature deaths attributed to tobacco use by implementing programs to decrease tobacco use and exposure to tobacco smoke.
- American Cancer Society
- American Legacy Foundation
- Center for Disease Control/Tobacco Prevention and Cessation
- Kentucky Department for Public Health/Tobacco Prevention and Cessation
- Kentucky Cancer Program
Health Educators are strategically housed in each local health departments to mobilize communities toward healthier choices. Click your county on the map to contact your Health Educator for questions about our programs and services.