Immunizations protect us from dangerous diseases which can have serious complications including death. Immunizations are the most cost effective way to prevent disease. The World Health Organization estimates over 2.5 million deaths are averted through vaccination each year. Keeping your child’s immunization up to date helps ensure your child is protected against dangerous diseases.
Immunizations are given according to the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) recommended schedule. Immunizations are administered by appointment at all county health departments.
The following immunizations are available:
- Anti-Meningitis Vaccines (Haemophilus Influenzae; Meningococcal; Pneumococcal)
- Hepatitis A & B
- Human papillomavirus (HPV)
- Tetanus, Diphtheria & Pertussis (Whooping Cough)
- Cabinet For Health and Family Services – KY Immunization Program
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention – Vaccines for Children Program
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention – Immunization Schedules