Biological Male: 65 or Older
Discuss with your doctor or nurse a full checkup including weight and height. Also, ask your doctor or nurse about health topics such as:
- Overweight and Obesity
- Tobacco Use
- Alcohol Use
- Thyroid (TSH) Testing
- Skin and Mole Exam
- Lung Cancer Screening Viral Hepatitis
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm
- Blood Pressure Test – At least every two years.
- Cholesterol Test – Discuss with your doctor or nurse.
- HIV Test – At least once to find out your HIV status. Ask your doctor or nurse if and when you need to test again.
- Bone Mineral Density Test – Discuss with your doctor or nurse.
- Blood Glucose or A1C Test – Every 3 years.
- Chlamydia Test – Get this test if you have new or multiple partners.
- Sexually Transmitted Infections – If you are sexually active, discuss with your doctor or nurse.
- Many Tests Can Screen for Colorectal Cancer – Talk to your doctor or nurse about which test is best for you and how often you need it.
- Prostate Exam – Discuss with your doctor or nurse.
Eye and Ear Health
- Comprehensive Eye Exam – Every 1-2 years.
- Hearing Screening – Every 3 years.
- Dental and Oral Cancer Exam – Routinely, discuss with your dentist.
- Influenza Vaccine – Every fall or winter.
- Pneumococcal Vaccine – If you smoke or have a chronic health problem, ask your doctor or nurse if you need this vaccine.
- Tetanus Diphtheria, Pertussis (Td, Tdap) Vaccine – Get a Td booster every 10 years. Ask if you need 1 dose of Tdap instead of Td booster to prevent whooping cough.
- Hepatitis B Vaccine – Discuss with your doctor or nurse.
- Hepatitis A Vaccine – Discuss with your doctor or nurse.