Lake Cumberland District Daily COVID-19 Case Summary
|County||Active Cases||Hospitalized||Self-Isolation||Released||Death(s)||Total||Per 10K||Total Gain||New Case Gain|
We added 152 new cases this week compared to 154 last week. So, our 7-day average incidence rate went down slightly. At the district level, we are averaging adding 10.37 new case per 100,000 citizens per day. Our growth rate projects now that we will double our total cases in 691 days. We experienced 1 COVID-19 related death this week. We have 136 active cases today compared to 128 active cases last Friday. We have 18 hospitalized cases today compared to 18 last Friday.
Our 7-day average incidence chart is now showing 1 county in the “green-on-track” range, Clinton; 5 counties in the “yellow-community-spread” category, Adair, Cumberland, Green, Russell, and Wayne; and 4 counties in the “orange-accelerated” range of community-spread: Casey, McCreary, Pulaski, and Taylor. We are thankful to not have any “red-critical” counties now. Keep in mind, some of our 7-day-incidence data will be skewed over the next few days as we are reconciling our data against the state data.
For more statistics and local data go to LCDHD COVID-19 Information.
COVID-19 Vaccination Sites
Hospital Locations in the Lake Cumberland Area
- Casey County Hospital – LIberty: To be administered through Casey County Primary Care, 1-606-787-8348 and Casey County Family Practice, 1-606-787-5044.
- Cumberland County Hospital – Burkesville: Call 1-270-864-2511.
- Jane Todd Crawford Hospital – Greensburg: To be administered through Green County Primary Care, 1-270-299-2286.
- Lake Cumberland Regional Hospital – Somerset: Call 1-844-675-3390.
- The Medical Center – Albany: Register online at Albanyvaccine@mchealth.net; or send a text message to 1-606-387-3646.
- Russell County Hospital – Russell Springs: Call 1-270-866-4141.
- Taylor Regional Hospital – Campbellsville: Call 1-270-465-3561. Register online at https://ptserver.fasthealth.com/web_trh_ky/forms/?formID=9271.
- TJ Columbia – Columbia: Call 1-270-659-1010.
Lake Cumberland District Health Departments
Due to the shortage of the Johnson and Johnson vaccine at the moment, all of our appointment slots are full. As soon as we get more vaccine, we will open scheduling back up. Below are the numbers you may dial:
|Health Department||Health Department|
|Adair: 270-384-2286||McCreary: 606-376-2412|
|Casey: 606-787-6911||Pulaski: 606-679-4416|
|Clinton: 606-387-5711||Russell: 270-343-2181|
|Cumberland: 270-864-2206||Taylor: 270-465-4191|
|Green: 2709324341||Wayne: 606-348-9349|
Lake Cumberland Federally Qualified Health Clinics (Family Medical Centers)
- Casey: Text CASEY to 270-864-2889
- Green: Text GREEN to 270-864-2889
- McCreary: Text MCCREARY to 270-864-2889 or call 606-376-5391
- Russell: Text Russell to 270-864-2889
- Wayne: Text WAYNE to 270-864-2889
Lake Cumberland Area Pharmacies
|Pharmacy Name||Location County/City||Location Address||Appointments|
|Adair Drug||Adair/Columbia||510 Burkesville Street Suite 1||270-384-9999|
|Columbia Pharmay||Adair/Columbia||803 Burkesville Street||270-384-2118|
|Green River Pharmacy||Casey/Liberty||50 Dillon Street||606-787-2100|
|Walgreens Pharmacy||Casey/Liberty||343 North Wallace Wilkinson Boulevard||Online|
|Clinton County Pharmacy||Albany/Clinton||903 North Crosss Street||606-387-0222|
|Eastridge-Phelps Pharmacy||Green/Greensburg||1915 Campbellsville Road||270-299-2333|
|Walgreens Pharmacy||Green/Greensburg||603 Columbia Highway||Online|
|Kroger||McCreary/Whitley City||1187 US-17||Online|
|Walgreens Pharmacy||McCreary/Whitley City||500 North Highway 27||Online|
|Jay’S Pharmacy Inc||Pulaski/Somerset||400 South Highway 27||606-678-2784|
|Kroger||Pulaski/Somerset||50 Stonegate Center||Online|
|Professional Pharmacy||Pulaski/Somerset||342 Bogle Street||606-679-1169|
|Sav-Rite Pharmacy South||Pulaski/Somerset||5148 South Highway 27||606-802-2635|
|Walgreens Pharmacy||Pulaski/Somerset||600 South Highway 27||Online|
|Wal-mart||Pulaski/Somerset||177 Washington Drive||Online|
|Jamestown Pharmacy||Russell/Jamestown||1417 North Main Street||270-343-4443|
|Russell Springs Pharmacy||Russell/Russell Springs||92 Dr. Joe T Petty Drive, Suite 100||270-866-2778|
|Hometown Pharmacy||Taylor/Campbellsville||325 East Broadway Street||270-789-4663|
|Kroger||Taylor/Campbellsville||399 Campbellsville Bypass||Online|
|Wal-mart||Taylor/Campbellsville||725 Campbellsville Bypass||Online|
|Walgreens Pharmacy||Wayne/Monticello||978 North Main Street||Online|
|Wal-mart||Wayne/Monticello||175 Walmart Plaza Drive||Online|
Nursing and Personal Care Homes
Locally, through a contract with the federal government, Walgreens and CVS pharmacies have vaccinated the long-term care facilities and personal care homes — residents and staff.
All area schools, public and private/Christian, that requested vaccines have been vaccinated. Thanks to Taylor Regional Hospital, Cumberland Family Medical, Lake Cumberland Medical Associates, and Kroger; along with everyone at the schools who made this effort a success.
As we learn more, we will post it.
COVID-19 Vaccination Phases
COVID-19 Vaccination Reference
Quick Links to Statewide Information
- full daily report,
- incidence rate map,
- testing locations,
- contact tracing,
- school reports and guidance,
- guidance for health care providers,
The virus is thought to spread mainly from person-to-person: 1) between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet), 2) via respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes. Droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs.
There are several locations across the state vaccinating. You may call 1-855-598-2246, or visit vaccine.ky.gov to find out if you are eligible and where you can receive the vaccine. Remember, supplies are still limited, it may take several weeks to secure an appointment.
A list of local vaccination sites can also be found in our Daily Brief.
To find a map of all regional vaccination hubs, click Regional Vaccination Hubs.
- Impact on Kentucky Long-term Care Facilities
- Performing case and close contact investigations and issuing isolation and quarantine orders for positive COVID-19 cases and high-risk close contacts of confirmed COVID-19 cases.
- Taking every opportunity to remind the public to individually observe COVID-19 prevention guidance.
- Responding to complaints of non-compliance with the Governor’s guidance.
- Consulting with long-term care facilities regarding best practices for preventing COVID-19; and, responding to positive cases.
- Assisting businesses with their COVID-19 planning efforts.
- Assisting area schools with their COVID-19 planning efforts.
- Assisting area providers with COVID-19 vaccination planning.
- Provided COVID-19 vaccination clinics when supplies are available.
- Providing bi-weekly meetings to update the media and public on COVID-19 in our region.
- Kentucky Novel Cornovirus (COVID-19) Site
- CDC Novel Cornovirus (COVID-19) Site
- CDC: Case Information by State
- Federal/Whitehouse COVID-19 Dataset
- Lake Cumberland's Daily Newsbrief
- The Science Behind Social Distancing During an Outbreak and Various Projection Tools
- COVID-19 Hotline toll-free (800) 722-5725
Sources: KYCOVID19@ky.gov and Daily Lake Cumberland Lab Reports
Note: The charts and tables on our site may exclude “out-of-state” positives and positives in Kentucky with unknown county locations. The data may be a day behind while specific locations of cases are confirmed. Lake Cumberland’s information in various public information releases may not match the Governor’s numbers since our offices and his receive information on a different time interval. Lake Cumberland data on the charts and tables are based on what we know locally at any given moment. Please see our daily news brief under "News" on our homepage for our most recent local case count.
Regardless of local confirmed case count, we assume that COVID-19 is widely spread across all Lake Cumberland Counties.