Module Objectives: This video explores the diﬀerences between policy and advocacy. Additionally, we will explore strategies for creating an eﬀective public health policy. Acting as an advocate for public health in your community will help make your time as a board of health member both productive and fulﬁlling. Not only is Policy Development a key function of boards of health, but you may recall it is also one of the Core Functions and Ten Essential Services conducted by public health agencies under the leadership of health oﬃcers.
Form is deprecated, please cotact the webmaster to upgrade this form.
Quick links to other modules:
- Module1: Public Health Primer, Part A (14 minutes)
- Module 2: Public Health Primer, Part B (13 minutes)
- Module 3: Operating as a Board of Health (16 minutes)
- Module 4: Financing Public Health (16 minutes)
- Module 5: Contributing to Health Equity (14 minutes)
- Module 6: Partnerships to Improve Health Outcomes (9 minutes)