Module Objectives: This module explores the concept of health equity, a driving force behind the essential services provided by public health agencies and an important aspect of the governance function of continuous improvement. You will also learn what the social determinants of health are and how they relate to health equity and health disparities. Finally, you will identify strategies for addressing the causes of health inequity. This knowledge will help your board of health to make equitable decisions for your community.
Quick links to other modules:
- Module1: Public Health Primer, Part A (14 minutes)
- Module 2: Public Health Primer, Part B (13 minutes)
- Module 3: Operating as a Board of Health (16 minutes)
- Module 4: Financing Public Health (16 minutes)
- Module 6: Partnerships to Improve Health Outcomes (9 minutes)
- Module 7: Supporting Population Health through Policy and Advocacy (14 minutes)