Module Objectives: This module will detail some important concepts about public health governance, starting with the various structures at state and local levels. Next, we will look at the key functions of public health governing bodies that were established by the National Association of Local Boards of Health. By the end of this module, you should have a better understanding of how a board of health functions and how you might integrate the information into your work.
Quick links to other modules:
- Module1: Public Health Primer, Part A (14 minutes)
- Module 2: Public Health Primer, Part B (13 minutes)
- Module 4: Financing Public Health (16 minutes)
- Module 5: Contributing to Health Equity (14 minutes)
- Module 6: Partnerships to Improve Health Outcomes (9 minutes)
- Module 7: Supporting Population Health through Policy and Advocacy (14 minutes)