Module Objectives: This module continues your introduction to public health by exploring the components of the public health system. Additionally, you will learn about the structures and functions that support local public health, such as the public health workforce. As governing bodies with responsibility for oversight, boards of health help assure that health departments have an eﬃcient and eﬀective infrastructure to carry out their work. As will be discussed further in later modules, boards of health do this in part by encouraging and supporting health departments in the use of strategic partnerships and in using science and data to implement proven practices.
Quick links to other modules:
- Module1: Public Health Primer, Part A (14 minutes)
- Module 3: Operating as a Board of Health (16 minutes)
- Module 4: Financing Public Health (16 minutes)
- Module 5: Contributing to Health Equity (14 minutes)
- Module 6: Partnerships to Improve Health Outcomes (9 minutes)
- Module 7: Supporting Population Health through Policy and Advocacy (14 minutes)