Module Objectives: This module will provide a basic deﬁnition of public health and identify how it is diﬀerent from medical and primary care. This presentation will also give examples of how public health has impacted population health outcomes. And ﬁnally, this video explores the three core functions and ten essential services of public health. As a board of health member, it is important for you to understand the concept of public health in the local community, nationally, and globally as well as recognize the functions that you will be expected to support.
Form is deprecated, please cotact the webmaster to upgrade this form.
Quick links to other modules:
- Module 2: Public Health Primer, Part B (13 minutes)
- Module 3: Operating as a Board of Health (16 minutes)
- Module 4: Financing Public Health (16 minutes)
- Module 5: Contributing to Health Equity (14 minutes)
- Module 6: Partnerships to Improve Health Outcomes (9 minutes)
- Module 7: Supporting Population Health through Policy and Advocacy (14 minutes)