The Lake Cumberland District Health Department is pleased to host this and the supporting pages on behalf of the Kentucky Association of Local Boards of Health (KALBOH).
In order to support the growth and development of Kentucky Boards of Health Members, KALBOH has purchased from the University of Michigan seven brief board orientation videos covering a wide variety of topics with which health board members should be familiar. While not every aspect of these videos will be applicable for Kentucky, they should still provide you with an excellent understanding of your duties as a board of health member; as well as, inform as to how you can not only support your local health department but the overall mission of public health.
If you are a Kentucky board of health member, please use the links below to access each orientation videos, and thank you for your service on a Kentucky board of health.
- Module1: Public Health Primer, Part A (14 minutes)
- Module 2: Public Health Primer, Part B (13 minutes)
- Module 3: Operating as a Board of Health (16 minutes)
- Module 4: Financing Public Health (16 minutes)
- Module 5: Contributing to Health Equity (14 minutes)
- Module 6: Partnerships to Improve Health Outcomes (9 minutes)
- Module 7: Supporting Population Health through Policy and Advocacy (14 minutes)