Use the links below to become familiar with various topics important for health boards.
- To review the LCDHD Mission and Vision Statement, see: Mission and Vision Statement.
- To read about NALBOH’s Governance Functions of Health Boards, see The Governance Functions of Health Boards.
- To review how our agency engages contemporary and cutting edge public health practice models, see: About Us.
- To review all Kentucky Revised Statutes (KRSs) and Administrative Regulations (ARs) and other laws which govern Kentucky health departments, see KRSs and KARs that Govern KY Health Departments. Specifically, 902 KAR 8:150; Section C details the “functions of the board”.
- To learn the distinctions between the Local and District Board of Health, see Local versus District Board of Health.
- To view other Board Members, see District and Local Boards of Health Members.
- To access additional orientation presentations, see:
- To read about some of the programmatic and staffing impacts due to the down-turn in the economy, see NACCHO: Forces of Change.
- To review Board Member responsibilities and functions, see the Department for Public Health’s Administrative Reference section on Boards of Health.
- To read about the “Winnable Public Health Battles” as identified by the Centers for Disease Control, see: “Winnable Public Health Battles”. To read a progress report on the “Winnable Public Health Battles”, see Progress Report.
- To learn about the core competencies of public health staff, see Core Competencies.
- To learn about the Ten Essential Services of Public health, see Ten Essential Services.
- To learn more about local health department strategic planning, see LCDHD’s Strategic Plan.
- To review the Board’s Code of Ethics, see Board of Health Code of Ethics.
- To review the Board’s By-Laws, see District Board of Health By-laws.
- To review the Local Board of Health Toolkit, see Local Board of Health Toolkit.
- To review the history of the Lake Cumberland District Health Department and each of its member counties, see: Locations, and click the “History” link beneath each section. You may also use the contact information on the “Locations” page to contact your local Office Manager to arrange a building tour.
- To review the agency’s service array, click: Services, and use the sub-links from there.
- To review the agency staff by discipline/profession, use this link, Reports. From there, click the latest Annual Report, and see the last few pages. Besides the Annual Report, this page also contains Audit Reports, Financial Statements etc.
- To see minutes from previous Board Meetings, click: Board Minutes.