LAKE CUMBERLAND DISTRICT HEALTH DEPARTMENT
APPLICATION FOR WIC BREASTFEEDING PEER COUNSELOR
Breastfeeding Peer Counselors provide basic information about breastfeeding to WIC mothers
during their pregnancy, and after the baby is born. They encourage mothers to breastfeed, and
help mothers find help if problems occur. Starting pay for this position is $13.50/hr.
The Breastfeeding Peer Counselor must meet all of the following listed qualifications:
- Be a contemporary/cohort/equal to the woman to whom she will be providing information and support. This includes speaking the ability to speak Spanish, if needed;
- Has been or currently is a WIC participant;
- Has breastfed at least one baby for six (6) months or longer and is an advocate for breastfeeding
- Has the ability to work independently at home.
- Has reliable transportation;
- Be readily accessible by phone;
- Has basic computer skills; and
- Has the ability to communicate effectively with peers, supervisors and other health department staff.
If you feel you meet the requirements, please continue with the application.