To help answer questions, the Kentucky Department of Public Health has created a hotline to answer questions: COVID-19 Hotline toll-free (800) 722-5725
|County||Active Cases||Hospitalized||Self-Isolation||Released||Death(s)||Total||Per 10K||Total Gain||New Case Gain|
The Lake Cumberland District Health Department (LCDHD) at the current time has experienced 189 Positive/Presumptive Positive cases in our 10-county district. Regardless of the confirmed case count for any Lake Cumberland County, we believe COVID-19 to be widespread. LCDHD is working to identify and contact all those with whom any positive case may have come into close contact.
We are happy to report no new cases since yesterday and no new deaths.
Today we reformatted our Daily News Brief.
The virus is thought to spread mainly from person-to-person: 1) between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet), 2) via respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes. Droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs.
There are several locations across the state vaccinating. You may call 1-855-598-2246, or visit vaccine.ky.gov to find out if you are eligible and where you can receive the vaccine. Remember, supplies are still limited, it may take several weeks to secure an appointment.
A list of local vaccination sites can also be found in our Daily Brief.
To find a map of all regional vaccination hubs, click Regional Vaccination Hubs.
- Impact on Kentucky Long-term Care Facilities
- Performing case and close contact investigations and issuing isolation and quarantine orders for positive COVID-19 cases and high-risk close contacts of confirmed COVID-19 cases.
- Taking every opportunity to remind the public to individually observe COVID-19 prevention guidance.
- Responding to complaints of non-compliance with the Governor’s guidance.
- Consulting with long-term care facilities regarding best practices for preventing COVID-19; and, responding to positive cases.
- Assisting businesses with their COVID-19 planning efforts.
- Assisting area schools with their COVID-19 planning efforts.
- Assisting area providers with COVID-19 vaccination planning.
- Provided COVID-19 vaccination clinics when supplies are available.
- Providing bi-weekly meetings to update the media and public on COVID-19 in our region.
- Kentucky Novel Cornovirus (COVID-19) Site
- CDC Novel Cornovirus (COVID-19) Site
- CDC: Case Information by State
- Federal/Whitehouse COVID-19 Dataset
- Lake Cumberland's Daily Newsbrief
- The Science Behind Social Distancing During an Outbreak and Various Projection Tools
- COVID-19 Hotline toll-free (800) 722-5725
Sources: KYCOVID19@ky.gov and Daily Lake Cumberland Lab Reports
Note: The charts and tables on our site may exclude “out-of-state” positives and positives in Kentucky with unknown county locations. The data may be a day behind while specific locations of cases are confirmed. Lake Cumberland’s information in various public information releases may not match the Governor’s numbers since our offices and his receive information on a different time interval. Lake Cumberland data on the charts and tables are based on what we know locally at any given moment. Please see our daily news brief under "News" on our homepage for our most recent local case count.
Regardless of local confirmed case count, we assume that COVID-19 is widely spread across all Lake Cumberland Counties.